December 4, 2014
Originally published by InfoPulse
EVRY together with its subsidiary Infopulse has started sponsorship of National University “The Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” program to create more educational opportunities in IT field in Ukraine, including second education for people who have suffered due to different life circumstances such as refugees and those exposed to hostilities in East Ukraine and Crimea annexation. The program has gained important support from Ukrainian government and is already in the making.
IT Education As A Driver of Positive Changes in Ukraine
Innovative Educational Center of Computer Science is to be the place where people can gain important knowledge and practical skills to build their career in IT. The project also aims to enforce Ukrainian IT Industry in general while providing an extra pool of IT professionals to Ukrainian labor market. One more idea behind this initiative is that while investing in development of IT Industry (or any other Ukrainian industry) we are helping our country and people of Ukraine to gain greater stability and success.
“This is a joint project between the state, business and education institution to create a platform for education for general public of different ages and backgrounds but with a common goal to create value for IT field and society in future. Our future student might be someone who has just graduated from school or an internally displaced person who can’t find a job in the previous major, or any other person who loves IT”, says Lyubov Yudenko, Infopulse Vice-President, People Operations.” We are very delighted to be the first sponsor from business and encourage others to join such initiatives”.
Official Opening Ceremony and Launch of the Program
The official ceremony of launching the project took place at the NaUKMA’s premises on Wednesday, November 19, 2014. Among the supporters of the initiative and speakers were such brilliant governmental and business representatives as:
- Mr. Jon Elvedal Fredriksen, Ambassador of Norway to Ukraine and Belarus
- Ms. Larysa Chovnyuk, Vice-President for Foreign Cooperation, Head of International Office, National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”
- Mr. Sigmund Ekhougen, NUCC Managing Director, “Cooperation between Norway and Ukraine”
- Ms. Anna Novosad, Counselor to the Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Mr. Lyubomyr Boychuk, Engagement Manager at Infopulse
- Mr. Jan Farberg, Director General Trade Policy Department, Norwegian Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisherie
- Mr. Morten Søgård, Executive Vice President – Corporate Development at EVRY
- Mr. Olexiy Sigov, President of Infopulse
- Mr. Andriy Meleshevich, President of National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy
There was a very cheerful atmosphere at the ceremony with constructive and fruitful panel discussions and a friendly networking event afterwards.